Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Word of the month.

I have decided that my word of the month will be attack. One of the definitions for this word is to set upon in a forceful, violent, hostile, or aggressive way, with or without a weapon; begin fighting with. This is my attitude toward cancer. I'm going to attack this with every weapon at my disposal. Medical, mental, nutritional, I'm going after this motherfucker. Things need to change up a bit, need to take a different approach. I beileve that if I am so exhausted from working out, my body won't have anything left for the cancer cells. All of my nutrients and energy will go toward making me stronger, leaving nothing to fuel the cancer cells. Starve those bastards, basically.

Another defitition is to set about (a task) or go to work on (a thing) vigorously. So I am attacking my training and my movie. These two things take up the majority of my day. Not only does this keep me focused, it keeps my mind off of more negative things. If I'm too busy trying to get faster on the bike or improve my running endurance, I don't have time to dwell on melanoma. And worrying about getting enough good footage and music rights is far more productive than worrying about how much the IL2 treatment is going to suck. I even have a plan of what to specifically attack when I'm stuck in the hspital in a few weeks.

S right now I have gone into attack mode. It mght be time to start listenng to those Rollins Band albums again, get into te correct mindset. It's time to end the defensive mindset, and begin to attack.

1 comment:

Dances with Corgis said...

Nice to hear it. You've got a great attitude, man!