Friday, May 4, 2007

Red Tape

Well, I was hoping to know what my next round of treatments would be by this evening, but apparently I'm going to have to wait a little bit longer to find out what the next plan of attack is going to be. Because the last round of treatments involved a double blind study of a protocol awaiting F.D.A. approval, my doctor has had to go through a bunch of channels to find out exactly what medication I was recieveing the last few months. Apparently, I was getting and approved medication, so now the challenge is to get an exception for me and allow me to knowingly take the unapproved (but promising) protocol.

I read that it costs over $1billion to introduce a new medication on the market. That goes for the stuff that ends up being unapproved as well. That's why drugs cost so much damn money (the lesson here, kids, is that you should learn how to grow your own pot). And a big reason for these extensive studies is the legal system. I never could understand the mentality of some people. I mean, we live in a country where people will sue someone who gives them CPR for cracking heir ribs in the process. Excuse me, asshat, but if you didn't revieve CPR, you would be a DEAD MOTHERFUCKER! I'd reather be a living motherfucker with a cracked rib than a dead motherfucker with a perfectly healthy rib. But that's just me. I mean, I also think that the skiing at Snowbird is better than Alta, so what do I know?

No comments: