Monday, April 2, 2007

Rainy Days and Mondays

Well, I sure as hell never thought I would be quoting the Carpenters on my blog, but today the line "rainy days and mondays always get me down" seemed appropriate. Because today is a rainy monday. I awoke to the sound of raindrops and sleet pelting my windows. To make matters worse, for some reason the heat in my house decided to go out. So after a trip to the basement to restart the boiler, I pulled out my sleeping bag and crawled in to watch some TV. I turned on the Weather Channel- 40 degrees and rain. Probably the worst forecast you can get. I can deal with the cold. I can even deal with the rain somewhat. But cold rain- that I just can not deal with. So eventually the boiler gave me enough hot water to take a shower. I decided that I should probably do something today,so I geared up and drove to Mt. Snow to get in a few turns. Only to realize that I had left my boots back at the house. I took a lap through the parking lot to decide if it would be worth going back and getting my boots. The entire mountain was socked in, barely any visibility at all. And the Canyon Express lift was empty and the bullwheel wasn't turning. I took that as a sign that today would be National Sucker's Day. So I went home. I know. I suck.

1 comment:

Dances with Corgis said...

Curling up in a sleeping bag sounds nice after the weekend I had. :(