Monday, April 9, 2007

Closed!??!??

Well, yeterday I skied my last runs of the season at Mt. Snow. In a huge storm. It's hard to believe that I will no longer be lapping the North Face or bombing Ego Alley. Especially considering that there was fresh snow on my deck when I woke up this morning. But I guess all good thigs must come to an end. Fortunately, the season isn't over yet for me. I'll get in a few more days at K-Mart, and next week I head to Utah for five days. But upon my return from Osmondland, I will have to put a thick coat of wax on my quiver for the summer.

But all is not lost. If you can't ski, you can bike!!! And I plan on putting in a lot of miles beginning on April 23. Granted, it's kind of a late start to the season, but at least it's better than last year. Because one year ago today, I suffered a fracture of my tibial plateau. OUCH!!! It still causes me some discomfort, but when I think about the misery that I had experienced one year ago, it's not that bad.

I'm feeling kind of down right now. Transition, I guess. I'm not looking forward to heading back to Delaware County. I'm thinking about relocating to NYC for the summer. Makes sense- if I can't move west and have to maintain easy access to Manhattan, why not move to one of the four buroughs (no way am I going to live on Staten Island). So if you know of a cheap place in the city that doesn't have crack whores next door, please let me know.

No comments: