Saturday, April 7, 2007

It was a Good Friday


When I heard thursday night that Mad River Glen was reopening on Friday with over a foot of new snow, I thought about getting up early and hitting it. When I also heard that there would be $29 lift tickets, and knowing that this would probably be my last chance to ride the old single before it gets renovated this summer, the decison to wake up before dawn was a no-brainer. So with a 5:30 AM wake up call, I headed up Rte. 100 to MRG.

I arrived at about 9:10, giving me 20 minutes to boot up, get a pass, and get in line for the sinlge- which was the only lift running. I didn't get first chair, but I'm sure I was amongst the first 50. If I was at Jay or Snowbird, that would probably equate to first tram, so I wasn't too upset.

I met up with a few of my Maggot freinds from TGR, and we spent the day ripping up the place. The snow was amazing- hard to believe it was New England. This was the lightest pow I have ever skied in the East.

I arrived home dead tired, and sore. But it was worth it. Earklier this week I was sure that the season was over. But I guess those of us who demonstrate patience and perserverance are rewarded.

No comments: