Saturday, June 2, 2007

Punked

Right now, I am supposed to be in one of my favotite places in the world. I should be relaxing in at the end of Long Island, having recently compleed the Ride to Montauk. Up until 24 hours ago, I was all set. But I have been coughing like crazy all week, and yesterday I called up the doctor. They suggested that I go for a chest X-ray to make sure that I wasn't experiencing any fluid or infection in my lungs. Fortunately, there wasn't. I waited all afternoon for the doctor to call back, ut never heard anything. So I went to Rite-Aid, and picked up some over the counter cough syrup, which seemed to help out.

I was feeling to beat to make the drive from the Catskills to the Island. I decided that I would have to eat the $98 I spent, and rest up. It turned out t be the right decision. I woke up this morning feeling sick, and ended up throwing up as well. That was a good indicator that today was probably not a good day to go ride 66 miles. Even after I woke up, I spent most of the morning on the couch, sleeping intermittently.

Right now I feel the way I expected to feel last week in the hospital. Which is funny, because last week I didn't fel this bad. Perhaps the IL-2 is just taking a bit longer to kick in or something. Still, this really sucks. But if this the the penalty for kicking cancer's ass, I will gladly accept it.

No comments: