Thursday, June 21, 2007

Up and atom!!!



Earlier this week I travelled down to NYC yet again (E-Z Pass should be giving me some sort of bonus rewards for the amount of time I spend on the Thruway). This time it was to Beth Israel to meet with Dr. Harris to treat me for this annoying lesion that's been making me cough so much that it hurts. The plan is to zap me with radiation beams at varied angles, so that they converge on the lesion, hopefully shrinking it so it stops irritating my trachea and making me act like the Marlboro Man late in life.

They warned me about the various side effects that I might experience. They were mainly concerned about having minor problems like nausea and the like. Now I thought exposure to radiation would have much different side effects. Bruce Banner got exposed to a gamma ray machine which caused him to become the Incredible Hulk whenever he got pissed off. Peter Parker got bit by a radioactive spider and became Spiderman. How cool would it be if after this I could climb up walls and jump off of high places without getting hurt? That would make my next trip to Whistler a hell of a blast!

Unfortunately I don't think that Professer Xavier will be calling me up after these treatments. But as long as I can breathe easy, sleep comfortably, and get back to riding my bike aain, I guess I can live without super powers.

No comments: