Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Tour de Chemo stages 9-13

Well, we'll start with the good news first: My appetite has improved dramaticaly. Granted, it's nowhere near what it used to be, but at least I'm eating normal food on a semi-regular basis again. But it's probably not enough. I weighed myself the other day, and I was less than 165 pounds. I haven't been this light since I was nineteen! Yet, I still have a little bit of a gut going on! I mean, if I'm going to go through all of this pain and suffering, the least they could do would be to give me a flat stomach out of this whole ordeal.

Unfortunately, the back pain hasn't seemed to have improved too much, if at all. Spengin seven hours in a car yesterday did not help. I was really hurting yesterday when I got home from NYC, and could not deal with it. I was still in severe pain this morning, and had a hard time getting down the stairs this morning. I could not tolerate it, and I wondered how much more of this shit I could take.

I decided that at this point I would try anything, so I went to see an accupuncturist. Hell, matbe getting stuck with a bunch of needles would at least distract me from the pain. Tuns out this was a lot less painful than I thought it would be. Hopefully it will do something about my back. Seriously, this back pain is the worst. I could deal with the nausea and fatigue if every little movement didn't hurt, and I could rest in a comfortable position.

3 comments:

DSL said...

Accupuncture! Good for you, a few ladies I work with swear by it... I have yet to try it, the needles freak me out a little.

Dances with Corgis said...

I am pretty sure there is a TGR guy who is an acupunturist in NYC... shen? I'll look him up I might have his card. He was there on Matchstick night.

jahowie said...

Reading this blog brings back some bad memories. I was diagnosed with cancer when I was 25, and I went through both chemo and radiation. At times, I wanted to give up, I didn't think that I could take anymore. I had to dig deep and keep faith in myself that I could be strong enough to get through it. I know that it's hard, but you can make it!! I'm now 35, and have been cancer free for going on 8 years now. Stay strong, and kick it's ass!!