Thursday, July 12, 2007

Tour de Chemo- Stages 3-7

Well, the good feelings of the first few days would not last. Sunday evening I began to hit the wall. I was at a barbecue, and even though I managed to eat a little bit, I could feel myself starting to fade. I went home, and basically was horizontal for a long time.

Monday was probably the worst day of them all. I probably set a personal record for the most amount of sleep in 24 hours. Plus, it was extremely hot and humid, making things very uncomfortable. I puked for the first time. And adding insult to injury, it was my birthday.

The next couple of days were better. Dehydration was a major enemy, and I had to make an effort to put fluids into my body. I also barely ate the previous day, so forcing calories into my system was another important task.

I've been trying to eat and drink, despite the feelings of uneasiness in my stomach. At least it's cooled down a bit, so I don't have the heat to worry about. Hopefully I start to feel better these next few days. Being confined to the couch and watching TV, especially on a nice day like today, is incredibly tough to take.

No comments: