Thursday, December 28, 2006

Finally Winter?

Well, it finally looks like winter. I am posting today from downtown North Conway, New Hampshire, where the White Mountains are living up to there name. After a long drive from the parental units in Upstate NY, I barely saw any snow along the road. Until I entered the Mt. Washington valley, and Finlay- snow was falling. And it was sticking! After a LONG time of seeing grass on the ground, it was finally beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Too bad it was two days too late.

So today was the first real ski experience I have had in a year. I even went back to my viking heritage and tried telemark skiing. If both my legs were 100%, I would probably have gotten the hang of it. But nagging injuries prevented me from being transformed into a nordic god. Oh well, at least Ullr was finally beginning to bless us.

Tomorrow it's back to Vermont to close out 2006. I for one, am glad to see the year end, but I'll save he reasons for my New Year's Eve posting.

No comments: